staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs I have a habit of buying books I remember wanting to read, letting them sit on the shelf for quite a while, and then when I finally get around to reading, I've completely forgotten what that particular book is about. As such, I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this, and the creepy photographs sprinkled throughout the narrative threw me off at first (as interesting as some of them are, I'm not sure how much they actually add to the story), as did the somewhat bland introduction, but ultimately I enjoyed reading it, and actually had a hard time putting it down. Looking forward to the next book in the series coming out in January!