staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
The Truck Food Cookbook: 150 Recipes and Ramblings from America's Best Restaurants on Wheels - John T. Edge Just picked this up on a whim, and it's a really fun book. Not sure how I feel about some of the recipes (a recipe for tater tots with sumac just called for frozen tater tots, prepared according to package instructions, and sumac--not really that innovative), but there's plenty of variety so I did find things I'd be excited to make at home. There were also a lot of photos, but some of them were repeated multiple times throughout the book, which was a little bit annoying--it's not like I'm not going to notice that I just saw that picture 20 pages ago.
The other fun part of the book, for people that are into more than pure cookbooks, is the stories of different food trucks and their proprietors, little notes on the history of street food, and a few city profiles (just big cities though). A good compendium of food truck lore and recipes as far as I'm concerned--can't wait to make something out of it.