staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Expletive Deleted: A Good Look at Bad Language - Ruth Wajnryb I absolutely loved this book and Ruth Wajnryb's masterful blend of linguistic analysis and tongue-in-cheek commentary on "swearing." I don't consider myself a linguistics nerd by any means so there were some moments when the linguistic vocabulary felt a little over my head, but for the most part I found the book extremely accessible and relevant to anyone, like myself, who is interested in sociology and cultural construction. There were also some parts that were laugh-out-loud funny, which made this one of the most enjoyable non-fiction books I've ever had the fortune to read.