staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Super Sad True Love Story - Gary Shteyngart This book was...weird, to say the least. It's set in the near-future, and the way American society has devolved in Shteyngart's dystopia was extremely disturbing. Politically the reality made sense to me, but there were other social developments that I couldn't initially accept, or didn't see the point of. I've been thinking a lot about the book since I finished it, and although the society is taken to certain extremes, it does make sense to me now.
The other thing is that the protagonist is EXTREMELY unlikable (I started to read another one of Shteyngart's novels a while ago and felt the same way, so maybe that's his thing?), and if you need to really relate to the main character, this novel might not be a good choice.