staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Exploring Geology - Stephen J. Reynolds, Michael Kelly, Julia Johnson Geology--another subject I'm not cut out for. Maybe it would have been different if the class had been taught differently, but this book was essentially useless. To be fair: it's full of pictures and diagrams, which I suppose is helpful if you're an intensely visual learner with a strong interest in the subject. However, many of the pictures are so intricate that you don't know what to look at first. Many of the pages have a box that reads: "before leaving this page you should be able to..." Well, I usually was not able to [whatever]. I was successful in my class overall, but not because of the book. Seriously...I hate this book.