staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Meat: A Kitchen Education - James Peterson Well I started writing a review but then the internet ate it. Bummer.

Two main points: Peterson is downright OBSESSED with larding (and other uses of fatback), which I find a bit repulsive; Peterson is also obsessed with deglazing, which I can appreciate but don't necessarily want to do for Every. Single. Recipe.
On the positive side, he talks about a very wide variety of cuts from many different animals and how to cook them to achieve the best texture and flavor. He even has recipes for animals that aren't typically featured in most mainstream (American) cookbooks, such as goat or rabbit. And, if you're the kind of person that loves offal, this book most certainly has some recipes for you.