staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining (NYM Series) - 'Beth Hensperger',  'Julie Kaufman' I bought this book mostly as a companion to Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker, but I haven't used it quite as often. Because the recipes are intended "for entertaining," the yields are quite high and not usually practical for my family of two (and I haven't seen anything so remarkable that I just HAD to scale it down to make it).
One recipe I made was too large to fit comfortably in the cooker (and I did use an oval 7 qt.) and not terribly flavorful, although the idea was good. Other recipes have been more successful, and bring what I love most about NYMSC to slow cooking--using fresh ingredients and good herbs and spices.