staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook (NYM Series) - Beth Hensperger, Julie Kaufmann This is a great cookbook if you like the crock-pot but hate the thought of throwing in a bunch of cans of condensed soups and calling it home cooking. Some of the recipes do require more effort than what some slow-cooker enthusiasts would prefer, but I think it's worth it for the end result. There are also a few recipes that are complete misses but that hasn't happened often. I also think that perhaps the slow-cookers the authors used weren't as new or varied as the current models available--another friend of mine has this book and she agrees that some of the cooking times are actually too long if your slow cooker gets very hot (even set on low). Otherwise, it's been a wonderful resource for me and one of the most-used cookbooks on my shelf.