staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn

Crock Pot Recipe Collection

Crockpot Ultimate Recipe Collection (5 Ring Binder) - Publications International Ltd. This book (more of a binder, really) has a lot of fantastic recipes, but I definitely wouldn't recommend this to just anyone.

Pros: It's from the actual Crock-Pot(TM) people, so all of the recipes tell you exactly what size of cooker is appropriate and I'm fairly certain that their times are accurate (although I have only tried two recipes so I can't be 100% on that).
Because it's a binder, I can take out the recipe I'm working on and have that in the kitchen without lugging the whole thing around (it is massive).
The collection is HUGE and has something for pretty much everyone, from die-hard meat eaters (there's a dish under "sides" that has beef and bacon in it...) to vegetarians (a vegetarian entree section and plenty of meatless dishes scattered throughout the rest of the book).

Cons: Although plenty of the recipes use fresh veggies and good spices, there's also a lot of recipes that use cream-of-gross condensed soups, dry soup seasoning mixes, etc. that I don't want to bring into my kitchen.
The other somewhat problematic thing is that the way the recipes are organized (and the premise of the book itself), 6 different sections all have different recipes for pot roast, and I find it easier to have things like that be all together. This isn't a huge issue, but it does make browsing for a recipe somewhat less simple than it ought to be.

I've only made two recipes from the book so far, but they seemed to be successful, so I will definitely be trying more.