staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
So Rich, So Poor: Why It's So Hard to End Poverty in America - Peter Edelman Definitely a worthwhile read and makes some critical points; I'm only giving it three stars because I think Edelman still falls into that progressive liberal trap that doesn't question very basic ideas that have been ingrained in our (mis)understanding of society, like the horror (the horror!) of unmarried motherhood...I just wish honest critical thinking wasn't hampered by a need to appeal to so-called moderates that have bought in to enough capitalist propaganda to immediately throw out anything that doesn't mesh with their current, essentialist understanding of states and economies.