staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Not Your Mother's Casseroles - Faith Durand I'm not going to rate the book quite yet because I haven't made any of the recipes out of it BUT from what I have seen, many of the recipes look delicious and wholesome, which is exactly what i'm looking for out of a cookbook like this: things I can make for dinner, not a special occasion.
One of my favorite things about the recipes so far is that the author happens to be like me and not feel that meat is ABSOLUTELY VITAL IN EVERYTHING EVER (a great frustration because not only do i dislike eating meat every day, but it gets expensive to eat the amount of protein many Americans expect in a meal...especially in a household of two fairly picky eaters) so a lot of the recipes are either already vegetarian (without relying heavily on soy products) or very easily turned vegetarian. That being said, she does have a pretty awesome-sounding section filled with meat recipes, so it's not a vegetarian cookbook either.
This is the second casserole cookbook I have bought recently and it's definitely far superior to the other one, which I will review when I've had a chance to look through the recipes more thoroughly.