staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year - Del Sroufe, Isa Chandra Moskowitz Well I have to say I don't really do vegan food but I do enjoy plant-based eating generally, and this book was wonderfully free of faux meats and soy cheeses, etc. there are a lot of tasty recipes - enough that I checked this out of the library to read and now plan on buying my own copy. I have cooked one recipe so far and my carnivore husband and picky stepkids all loved it (in fact, we're making it again tomorrow night).
My only quibbles are with some of the techniques and ingredient choices (I don't think tomatoes belong in something you're calling a winter vegetable dish), but I'd give this book a shot if you're interested in more meatless eating.