staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season - 'Jennifer Kujawski',  'Ron Kujawski' Very informative but light-hearted and funny. Includes areas to write in dates relevant to your planting zone and make some notes. I also really liked the fact that all of the pest management and fertilizer tips were for a more organic rather than chemical-based approach to gardening.

I have not actually followed their plan yet so I don't know how well it works in terms of getting plants in the ground and getting good harvests, and it's a bit late this year, but I'm looking forward to using their plan next year--particularly with regard to the stuff that needs to be done before the average last frost date. I usually forget until the weather starts to be nice and by then I've missed my chance to get a really good start on the growing season.