staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn
Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today's Produce, with Over 350 Recipes - Jack Bishop Just picked this up yesterday at the used bookstore near my house. It's sometimes difficult for us to incorporate as many veggies as we need to into our diet, especially in terms of varying the recipe so it's not always such-and-such vegetable covered in seasoning X. Although I haven't had the chance to cook anything out of the book yet, the recipes mostly look simple and reasonably quick--wouldn't want to spend 2 hours cooking a side dish (although he does have some recipes that could be used for entrees, especially if you eat A LOT of veggies), without a lot of ingredients that I wouldn't consider pantry staples.

He does tend to lean heavily on Asian flavors for a lot of recipes, but the recipes also look easy to modify and/or experiment with, so I'm not bothered (and I love the stereotypical Asian flavors anyway).