staciebnsn

Making Sense of the Social World: Methods of Investigation
Daniel F. Chambliss, Russell K. Schutt
Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture
Marita Sturken, Lisa Cartwright
One Big Table: A Portrait of American Cooking: 600 recipes from the nation's best home cooks, farmers, pit-masters and chefs
Molly O'Neill
When the Emperor Was Divine
Julie Otsuka
A Place on the Corner (Fieldwork Encounters and Discoveries)
Elijah Anderson
I Speak English: A Guide to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
Ruth J. Colvin
Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa
Habeeb Salloum
Cultural Sociology: An Introduction
Les Back, Andy Bennett, Laura Desfor Edles, David Inglis, Ron Jacobs, Ian Woodward, Margaret Gibson
Violence in the City of Women: Police and Batterers in Bahia, Brazil
Sarah J. Hautzinger
The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education
Grace Llewellyn

The Longman Anthology of World Literature, Volume F: 20th Century

The Longman Anthology of World Literature, Volume F: 20th Century - David Damrosch, April Alliston, Marshall Brown Okay, full disclosure, I did not read every work in this anthology, just what I had to for school. However, it is really excellent, covering a wide range of authors, subjects, etc. Each selection is preceded by some information about the author so you can put the work in historical and social context, which can be extremely helpful.
Even though we used this as a text, I would recommend it to anyone that wants a broad overview of world literature between 1700 and the present (although I am reviewing Volume F, which is limited to the 20th century, the anthology came packaged as 3 volumes). A great way of exposing yourself to authors you feel like you should have read without having to hunt every single one of them down, as well as a way to find authors from other cultures that you may have never heard of.